Monday, October 09, 2006

...the most perfect day...

It's intangible really but Tuesday the 19th September 2006 was probably the most perfect day ever. Now this may of course be dependent on where you were or what you were doing, but I was lying on Es Cavallet beach in Ibiza and I had a moment of clarity where I realised that everything, just everything was perfect. Now those that know me well will tell you I can be a harsh critic. There is rarely anything that I can't find fault with. I guess I can be a bit negative... yet at this moment, on this particular day, there was absolutely nothing I could fault! A gentle breeze brushed against my skin, the sky was clear and a perfect azure blue, the sea calm, warm and inviting. From the beach hut the sound of the Pituises soothed my soul and for the first time in a long time, my mind was at rest. If there really was a button you could press to make time stand still, that was the moment I would have pressed it...

Sadly, I had to watch as the sun set on that day and in time I had to return to this place called 'home'... Along with two tops and a pair of shorts, I left my heart behind, safe in the knowledge I would return. Never has a homecoming been so hard...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, there's a great deal of useful material above!
this link | check 9 | good 4 nice check | also 5 | you may 5 superb 8 | look check