Thursday, November 30, 2006

...Pre Christmas Blues...

It's been a quiet time in my world recently. You could say that's a good thing, I mean, ok so nothing really exciting or rewarding has happened, but equally nothing bad has happened either. That said though, its not particularly the happiest of times. My health has not been great lately. I think my body is punishing me for coming home from Ibiza...It was a hard homecoming and the subsequent post Ibiza blues/depression could have a lot to do with it (Well that and the fact I picked up Gastroenteritis on the way home...). But everyone around me is suffering with their health too, in one way or another. We're a big bunch of poorly bunnies! :-) Its a naff time of year really. I'm sure there are people who love the onset of winter, the crisp, cold mornings, the golden leaves being trampled underfoot and the sweet anticipation of the festive period - but I've yet to meet any!! As far as I'm concerned, the summer holidays are far behind us - I desperately want to fly away to the sun before Christmas, but can't afford to because of all the whoopee cushions and other associated rubbish I've got to waste my money on for that very event! - the weather is cold and miserable, cant afford to go out (see earlier comment re whoopee cushions), don't feel like going out (see earlier comments regarding the weather and being ill) and there is nothing really to look forward too...

Forced smiles, now there's a thought. That's what this whole time of year is about! - Grin and bare it! From the enforced smile at your work Xmas do, to the enforced smile when you open yet another pair of socks on Xmas day, plus the whole grin-and-bear it attitude needed to the Winter weather! Yes tis the season to 'grin and bear it' :-)

On a more positive note, Dec 21st is the shortest day! After that the days are getting longer and you can try and kid yourself that spring is on the way! (Shame we have to get through the two most miserable months of the year first!) bah! Humbug!

No comments: