Thursday, May 04, 2006

SOAPBOX ...and another thing!

1. Why is the Birmingham Post's only food critic a vegetarian that doesn't eat desserts? I think the idea of a weekly vegetarian review is a great idea, but as a meat eating, dessert loving restaurant goer, I think the paper is failing the majority of its readers and the establishments concerned, by not having more comprehensive reviews. If they would like to offer me an expense account i'd be happy to offer my taste bud's own written opinions!

2. Why, when I go to the toilet in a bar or restaurant, are the locks always broken on the cubicle doors? I must live in my own little niaeve world...what goes on for them to get broken in the first place and why are they never repaired? Perhaps users would like to update me? Drugs bust? Raids by the 'No sex please we're Brtish' police? Everywhere I go seems to be the same and frankly i'm sick of it. I'm paying a fortune for the bloody drinks, i expect locks on the door, paper in the holder and hand driers that work!!!! Is it really too much to ask? Ever heard of hourly checks??!! Its not rocket science!!

Phew...that's better. Lovely day! :-)

3 comments:

Chig said...

Surely you don't eat desserts? Did you never see that scene in Queer As Folk?!

Simon Jones said...

Must have, but can remember it...you'll have to remind me. It would take a lot to put me off a dessert though ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't really think it may have success.
! | best | - this | 5 | 7 this | 1